Monday, March 2, 2009

The Balloon Man

Ryan and I went to dinner with his family on Saturday Night at the Brick Oven in Provo (I can now appreciate why it's so popular). While the food and company was enjoyable, the part that intrigued me the most was the balloon man. I've seen people make balloon animals and the like on many occasions, but they were nothin' compared to this guy. When we were walking through the restaurant to be seated we saw a Darth Vadar- light saber, helmet and all. Later, the balloon man was making them for a table near us and he cranked out Ariel from the Little Mermaid (tail, hair, fins and clam shells), Cinderella with a dress (glass slippers not included), Tinkerbell, a martian with a laser gun and a helmet that looked like a bubble over his head, and a sumo wrestler! Kendra (Ryan's youngest sister) wanted one as well. She came back to the table with a Cinderella (which her brothers were very interested in how to go about popping) and a Buzz Lightyear for their little nephew. I admit I really wanted to see if he could make Belle, since that's my favorite princess, but I felt a little sheepish and silly so I didn't get one. So, sadly I have no pictures to post :( (not that I know how to post pictures at this point-still working on that).

3 comments:

Mike and Mindy Williams said...

I love the brick oven...and the balloon man is awesome! Maybe we should make you skip work one day, drive down, and get you a belle! :)

Stephanie Hancock said...

So glad you're doing the blog thing! Sounds like a lot of fun. Have a good week!

Celeste Louise said...

I found your blog! And Belle is my favorite princess... so you're just going to have to start liking Ariel better. Or Jasmine.