Saturday, April 18, 2009

Hair Plugged

First off, Celeste, you inspire me to blog. I laugh and smile and I'm so glad you're my friend everytime I read your blog.

At work I've been attempting to find a new CO-Oximeter machine for the lab. For those of you not familiar with the machine (don't worry, it's not a very common household item), it measures blood gas. The one we have is about to die, or go "ten toes veritcal" as my co-worker puts it. There's all this tubing attached and it occasionally comes detached without warning me and spits fluid at my face. Not a pleasant experience. Hence the reason I am in the market for a new one.

We have had several companies bring out their machines to demostrate their superiority and try to convince us to buy. This last one, well, I wish I had a picture. Generally, if you are going to demonstrate an item, you have the item on hand. This man showed up to demo minus the machine, which was interesting enough. You've all seen "Return to Me" right? The movie about the girl with the heart transplant and Angelo trys to set her up with this guy who also had a transplant, which happened to be his hair? He keeps tugging on his hair at the bar, etc, etc. Well, I went out to the lobby to bring the demo guy back to the conference room and I tell you I had to double-take. He looked just like the guy! And the hair! He was trying to explain the machine and was talking technical and I kept finding my mind, not on the technical jargon he was spouting, but instead wondering "Is this guy's hair real?" "If I tugged on it, would it come out?" I admit, I didn't get a lot out of his 'demonstration.' And, just for the record, I didn't tug on his hair.

3 comments:

Stephanie Hancock said...

Wow! You always seem to meet the most interesting people! :)

Marissa said...

That would have been hard to not pull his hair.

Celeste Louise said...

I love your stories Deanna. =)