Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pumpkin Carving


In the midst of the goop.


Ryan looked and looked for the perfect pattern. He wanted to do Lightning McQueen, buy alas he wasn't able to find a suitable pattern, so he picked one out of the book we had. Part way through he mentioned how hard it was to carve. Silly Ryan, he had chosen the hardest one in the book!


This was a lot harder than it looked, but I had to do it; it was so fun! Imagine the fright if you were to discover an eye that large staring through your window on a dark night . . . Dun dun dun



I hadn't done this in ages! I had forgotten that dried pumpkin goop itches so bad.
Didn't they turn out lovely?


3 comments:

Kirsten Knowles said...

Wow those are IMPRESSIVE!! Fun fun

Marissa said...

It looks like you guys had fun in Cali. The pumpkins are fun too. I don't think we will be carving them for a few years here, but Braeden painted one with a friend today.

Stephanie Hancock said...

Wow! You guys are amazing!