Thursday, October 13, 2011

Zoo Day Among Other Things

Andrew and I went to the zoo with some friends this week and had a blast.  It was so fun to go now that Andrew is so much more aware of the things around him.  He really liked the porcupines (probably because they were right up against the glass and easy to see).  He liked the elephants and giraffes too.  I took him on the carousel.  He was okay with it until the little girl next to us started crying, then he got scared and had one arm wrapped around me the rest of the time.



We're still working on getting Andrew eating solids.  He'll eat them if I put them in his mouth, but he'll rarely put anything in his mouth (unless it's paper, then he chews away).  If I put him in the high chair, he immediately clamps his jaw and won't eat even the stuff I know he likes.  I think he wants to eat big people food.  I had a subway sandwich the other day and he grabbed it with both hands and tried to take bites out of the whole thing, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, meat, the whole thing.  It was pretty funny.



Football season at our house.


Andrew is walking like a pro, has been for about a month and half now.  He's starting running now that his balance is better as well.  He still doesn't sleep through the night, sadly.  I thought something was wrong with him, ear infection maybe, and took him to the doctor.  He's perfectly healthy, he just has all 4 molars coming in simultaneously.  I don't blame him for not being able to sleep.  Poor kid.

2 comments:

Celeste Louise said...

four molars at once!?? poor little Andrew! He is such a cutie, Deanna!

Paul W said...

Love it!