Sunday, June 24, 2012

New Coloration

I've wanted to repaint our bedroom since we decided to buy our condo.  It was a hideous yellow color that I never liked.  So, 2 1/2 years later, we finally got around to painting.  We did it over Memorial Day weekend and it was crazy.  I think the hardest part was trying to keep the little dude occupied outside the bedroom so he wasn't constantly trying to paint.  We did let him help for a little bit and he loved it!  You can see his wall drawings in some of the pictures.  We found a paint roller just his size and away he went.

Ryan did most of the work.  I helped where I could, but the paint fumes became overwhelming after a bit and standing on my feet for so long was taking it's toll on me too.  I was glad to help where I could.  I'm also grateful Ryan is such a trooper and was able and willing to do so much.  He's the best!
I had to run to Home Depot to pick up some more paint in the midst of this.  I didn't think the can of paint would be so heavy, so I didn't get a cart.  I was hauling it through the store trying to find the chair rail aisle (we were a few inches short there too) when I ran into an older man working there.  He asked if I needed a cart (he happened to be pushing an empty one).  I gladly accepted the offer.  He then began chastising me for carrying the paint 'in my condition.'  Afterwards he asked if I needed anything else, so I asked where the wood was.  As he led me over there and helped me find what I needed he told me his life story with frequent inserts about me being more careful.  He told me all about his kids and he and his wife's struggle to have children, then about his wayward son and how he came back around and now they're best friends and something about a surgery and being a Green Beret and all sorts of things. Then, abruptly, he told me not to let the wood fall on me and left.

Before: very ugly yellow, boring




Daddy's little helper

During: starting to come together

After: Much better, faux painting, chair rail, nice colors, love it!


2 comments:

Ann Marie said...

soooo pretty! I will have to stop in and see all the new stuff you've done. :)

Mike and Mindy Williams said...

I love it! Let's get together--I miss my friends!! And your Dad-Daughter trip looked awesome! I think I need to convince my Dad to start something like that!! Love the cute baby-belly!