Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Forever, For Always & No Matter What

June 6, 2009. We did it. We got married. The temple was incredible. It was worth more than I can say. My emotions overflowed for so many reasons.

It was the perfect day. There were forecasts of thunderstorms for the entire day, but we had a beautiful spring day with sunshine and a few clouds. It rained for a couple minutes, but it was at the perfect moment. We were surrounded by friends and family whose love and support we are so grateful for.


You know, I always thought I would have a hard time standing in a line talking to bunch of people I may or may not have known, but you know what? I didn't mind it at all. I had perma-grin all day. I so happy to see anyone and everyone. My only regret is that there wasn't more time to talk to everyone longer.
We talked, laughed, ate food, cut the cake, threw the bouquet (which Ann Marie caught, funny I think) and danced. I didn't even have to be the center of attention at the luncheon. I got to hang out in the back corner, incognito.


After cutting the cake, I danced with Dad. A little harder in a wedding dress, but great all the same. When it came time to dance with Ryan, it began to rain. So while everyone ran for cover, we danced in the rain, dress and tux and all. Kind of romantic I think.


Thank you everyone for your help and your love, for celebrating with us. We love you all. We're grateful to have been blessed with such wonderful support on all sides. I'm grateful the Lord has seen fit to bless me with such a wonderful husband.
He's incredible. And the best part is that I get to keep him, not just now, but forever. Is there a greater blessing than an eternal family?


2 comments:

Stephanie Hancock said...

I'm just so happy for you I get teary-eyed every time I think about it. Hope you know how much I care about you.

Mike and Mindy Williams said...

I love it!! Yeah!!! So glad I got to be here for it!! Yeah!! Let's get together sometime...yeah, yeah, yeah!