Monday morning began with fabulous food followed by a rocket shoot off. Dad made a rocket launcher out of PVC pipe that uses paper rockets. It was a hit! Ryan's rocket worked great, even if it crumpled everytime it landed. He would straighten it out and shoot it again. He was like a kid in a candy store.


The afternoon brought an obstacle course. We Parker's all got together and raced each other through the course. We just added a few rules to make it, shall we say, more interesting? You had to speed walk, with the swinging arms and all, then you had to hop, two-footed, over each of four small fences. Well, it was a rousing success. We all tripped over the hay-bale, weaved successfully through the tomato protectors, belly crawled through the tunnel, knocked down the fences trying to hop, nearly tripped while walking the pipe, and couldn't catch our breath when done. Plus Ann Marie and I got teased that we looked really funny since out hips moved so much while speed walking; can't help it, it comes naturally. It was a blast!
Later on we had a relay race with sponges that inevitably turned into a water fight. You know, sponges work better to get people wet than water guns do- as long as you can catch them. They hold a lot of water and soak people royally. We got some fun pictures. It was a great way to cool down. We were wet for hours afterwards.

Our attempt at drying off after getting completely drenched. Mostly, we stayed wet, but got sunburned, like unto a lobster.

Ryan and I also carved our heart in the Sweetheart Tree. It took us a while, but I think it turned out great. I forgot to take a picture of it finished though.


After a dutch oven dinner finished off with cobbler and ice cream, we headed home. We were both really tired on the way home. Ryan was driving and I knew I needed to stay awake in order to keep him awake. I was struggling. Consequently, our conversations were somewhat loopy or at least my side of the conversation. I apparantly broke out into song at one point, which I'm sure was entertaining as I was not awake and I vaguely remember something about peanut buter and jelly and thin mint sandwiches. . .? Ryan gets a smile on his face and laughs whenever I mention the drive home. At least I kept him awake, even if I may have embarassed myself.
Ryan and I also carved our heart in the Sweetheart Tree. It took us a while, but I think it turned out great. I forgot to take a picture of it finished though.
1 comment:
I so want to see the video dad has of the backwards squid walk you all did. It looks like you all had a ton of fun, I wish we could have come.
Post a Comment