The reception turned out lovely. We were able to talk and chat with the family and see Jen and Evan happy as can be. I didn't do so well with pictures here either. I didn't take any at the reception.
After the reception we traveled to Eugene to stay with Nick and Roxanna, Ryan's aunt and uncle. They were so great! I felt so welcome and accepted and felt like they were so happy to see us. We stayed up and chatted with them for a while. The next morning they took us to breakfast and showed us Nick's work project. They also gave us some tips on some of the best things to go see before we headed home again.
We decided to travel up the coast via Highway 101. It was pretty foggy when we got out there so we were afraid we wouldn't get to see any of the coastline. However, after a couple hours the fog started to break up and we were able to see some fun things.
The Sea Lion Caves
A lighthouse along the way. We were able to go tide pooling for a little bit here since the tide was out.
We drove up to Lincoln City (where we bought a two-handed kite that we're super excited to try out) and then headed back towards the freeway. Sunday we headed back across Oregon homeward bound. We took the northern route this time along the old highway that borders the Columbia River. It was beautiful and well worth the extra hour or so it took. We would go back there again.
There were waterfalls along the entire route. It was gorgeous!
3 comments:
Oh sure, drive right past our house, and don't even stop to say hi. I see how it is. Just kidding-but you really did drive right past us. Isn't the coast beautiful? We LOVE it! We are going to miss it when we move! I am glad you got to see some fun stuff.
I didn't know you guys lived so close to the coast! We would have stopped by for sure. Where are you guys moving to?
We live in Portland, near 84. It was on your way out of town. We are moving to good ol' Rexburg. Never thought I would end up there again. Oh well, it is a great business opportunity for us. I am glad you had so much fun when you were here. Oregon has some amazing sites.
Post a Comment