I've always found it interesting that whenever you need more time, there's less of it, yet at other moments, time stands still. . .
I was thinking yesterday how my brother will turn 18 next spring and my sister will be 15. When did that happen? I look at myself and still feel like I should be 18. It seems as though I haven't changed, but everyone around me grows up and changes. However, there are moments when I look around me and realize I've changed and grown up too:
-When I was at restaurant with some friends from high school (one of us engaged, one expecting her second child and the other toting a baby along), surrounded by giggling high school students with the waitress commenting to us while shaking her head, "All these kids. . . "
-The day I got married
-The conversations with old friends that now consist of the best way to can fruit and how to hire a realtor and what new recipes we can come up with for dinner instead of clothes, new shoes and the latest hair-do
-My younger sister starting her 3rd year of college
-Teaching primary and realizing they see me as an "old person"
Next Sunday, Ryan and I will have been married for 3 months! I can't believe how the time has flown. It seems like yesterday that I was trying to plan a wedding and the day before that I was wondering if a day would ever come when I'd find my own Prince Charming. I'm so glad to have found him. Ryan is such a wonderful husband. I love him more everyday.
These reflections seem to scream, "Don't waste me! I'm only here for a moment and then I'm gone!" I think that we are to enjoy every moment for what it brings because that moment will never be there again. Whether time appears to pass slowly or quickly, pretty soon I'm looking back wondering where it went and how I got where I am. I just hope I can make the most of each moment so I don't look back and see with regret the times I missed because I was so caught up with looking towards the future or spending too much time wishing for what has already passed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amen.
Post a Comment