Sunday, April 22, 2012

12 Random Things

A friend challenged me to list 12 random things about me, so here we go:

1.  I have a freckle on the palm of each hand.  They didn't used to be there, they just appeared randomly.

2.  I always get sunburns in the strangest places.  I'm one of those people that's nearly fanatic about wearing sunscreen since I have very pale skin and burn within 5 minutes of being outside.  However, I somehow always manage to miss somewhere, like right under my eyes, between my toes, the backs of my knees or even my eyelids.  I wouldn't recomment sunburn in any of these locations.

3.  I'm a religious flosser.  Every since I left the dentist office as a child with the devestating pronouncemnt of 7 cavities to fill, I have flossed every night unless there was no way of acquiring floss.  I even flossed everyday when I had braces.

4. I can't sleep if my ears are cold.  Sometimes I sleep with the covers wrapped up around my ear, with the rest of my face exposed; usually this occurs when camping, but sometimes at home too.

5. My 4th toe on both my feet is abnormally long (not freakishly so).  It just happens to be about the same length as the other 3 toes preceding it.  I can't wear shoes with pointed toes because that toe won't fit and I sometimes have to buy other non-pointed shoes a half size bigger to accommodate it.  Those two toes also happen to be the ones that always get stubbed.

6. I think Root Beer of all varieties is disgusting, including homemade (though it's an improvement on the store bought variety) and I don't like chocolate ice cream.

7.  I'm allergic to fresh pineapple (sad day) and cantelope (no tears shed over this one).

8.  When going up or down stairs, each foot needs to step up or down the same amount of times or I feel lopsided.  I don't count them or anything, I can just tell if it isn't right, drives me crazy!

9.  When I was younger I rarely dreamt about people, mostly it was animals.  I've been pounced on by a mountain lion, chased off a cliff by a tiger, nearly drowned by a crocodile, skewered by a warthog, hunted by a wolf pack, and had a coversation with a cockroach in which it proclaimed all humans must die (like unto the alien on Independence Day).  I then sprayed it with hairspray and it died.  With this miraculous discovery, we were able to irradicate the cockroaches trying to take over the world.

10.  I don't grow my fingernails out.  They don't grow pretty since they break so easily and it grosses me out to have fingernails long enough for stuff to get caught under.  If there is enough nail to cut off, guaranteed, I will be cutting it.

11.  I rarely sit normally on a chair.  I find it acutely uncomfortable.  If I can't put one foot or both feet up on the chair or tuck a leg under me or sit backwards, I get antsy and increasingly uncomfortable.

12.  When I'm in shock, I laugh, almost uncontrollably.  I can't control it when it happens and people around me think I'm callous or something, but it's just my body's reaction.

2 comments:

Kirsten Knowles said...

LOVE it!! Fun to get to know some of your quircks :)

Stephanie Hancock said...

I laughed at how many of these I already knew! :)