Sunday, May 13, 2012

Antics

I found and bought this little rocking chair at DI that is just the right size for Andrew.  At first he was a little nervous of it because it moved when he tried to climb into it.  He got over that fairly quickly though.  He now thinks the best way to get into the chair is climbing over the back.  He's really good at it now, but the first couple times he got stuck and I was able to get a picture before I got him down.  Little dare devil.


This last weekend we went up to Idaho for my grandma's 90th birthday.  It was good to see her and to talk to and spend so much time with family.  We drove home saturday afternoon and after 3 1/2 hours in the car, Andrew was ready to get out.  We got him out of the car seat and started to unload the car.  Before we had more than about one bag out of the car, Andrew was down the driveway, sitting in the puddle of water in the gutter having the time of his life.  Splash! Splash!  Giggle, giggle!  Cheese! for the camera.

 I bought some pipecleaners to try to do some fun toddler activities with Andrew.  We got out the colander and put the pipe cleaners in the holes.  After, Andrew pulled them all out, put the colander on my head and then decorated my hat.  This is the masterpiece:


Knowing Andrew's love of water and all things related to it, I got some sponges and two buckets.  I filled one of the buckets part way with water and showed Andrew how to used a sponge to move water from one bucket to the other.  He loves it!  He takes the buckets over to the door now and says, "Wa-wa, wa-wa.  Pease?"  He dumps water everywhere and squeezes out the sponges on his feet.
CHEESE!


This Sunday (Mother's Day) Ryan was asked to help sing in the choir during sacrament meeting.  Well, Andrew is rather attached to Ryan and doesn't like to be separated from him.  We were hoping he wouldn't cause a scene.  Ryan got up to go sing and all was well since Andrew didn't see him leave.  That didn't last long.  As soon as he turned and saw that Ryan wasn't there he ran out into the aisle before I could grab him crying, "Daddy! Daddy!" at the top of his lungs, tears streaming.  Ryan went and picked him up and his was calm. . . until he looked into the audience and saw me (mom) sitting there.  Immediately he began screaming again, this time "Mommy!  Mommy!" and reaching for me, tears streaming.  I went up and got him (the whole congregation is laughing at this point.  Did I mention he was screaming at the top of his lungs?).  I took him from Ryan and headed into the hall.  The moment I started to walk away from Ryan, Andrew began again, "Daddy!  Daddy!" reaching for him.  Ryan sang, we stayed in the hall and Andrew didn't stop crying until all of us were back together on the bench again.  So much for not causing a scene.


1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

Such a cute story! I love how Andrew puts himself in such strange positions to do so simple a task. So cute.